torek, 2. marec 2010

Welcome!

I created this (academic) blog with a (noble) intention of sharing my thoughts, critique and other contributions related to the field of new media. My posts will be part of the New Media & Society course held at our faculty.

Last year I graduated in Media and Communication studies at Faculty of Social Sciences in Ljubljana. My thesis was on personalization of politics in Slovenian on-line space, where I examined the degree of personalized presentations of Slovenian politicians that joined social network sites such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.

In this seminar I would like to expand my knowledge of new media and get a more systematic overview of the field. I hope to find this course of my benefit to the masters degree research (where I am focusing on the infrastructure of communication in European public sphere) by getting new ideas and perspectives.

Since new media have the potential to establish and facilitate new forms of publics and public spheres that efficiently transgress the boundaries of space and time, I am also interested in the democratic and rebellious potential that seems inherent to the new media, a great example being the Moldova's Twitter Revolution in 2009.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar